Malaysian Things

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Malaysian Things

All Malaysian Things | Semua Tentang Malaysia

Car consuming too much petrol

syrell_narc
    syrell_narc

Car consuming too much petrol Empty Car consuming too much petrol

Post by syrell_narc 9/3/2021, 5:33 pm

I am proton saga owner. Have been using the car since last year but i notice that my car is consuming noticeable amount of petrol lately. This problem started a month a go. I can say that i travel the same distance as before. After owning the car for a year this starts to happens, is this normal?
    plsshtup

Car consuming too much petrol Empty Re: Car consuming too much petrol

Post by plsshtup 10/3/2021, 11:28 am

did you mean the car consume more than before? if yes thats not normal for a new car. it should be consistent.
    volleyb

Post by volleyb 10/3/2021, 1:43 pm

plsshtup wrote:did you mean the car consume more than before? if yes thats not normal for a new car. it should be consistent.
    maybe it cause by changing the brand of fuel
    volleyb

Post by volleyb 10/3/2021, 1:47 pm

syrell_narc wrote:I am proton saga owner. Have been using the car since last year but i notice that my car is consuming noticeable amount of petrol lately. This problem started a month a go. I can say that i travel the same distance as before. After owning the car for a year this starts to happens, is this normal?
    idk much but i heard before actually the choice of engine oil also can affect the absorption of fuel.
    plsshtup

Post by plsshtup 10/3/2021, 2:02 pm

volleyb wrote:
    maybe it cause by changing the brand of fuel
    ouh isnt any type of fuel have the same function. just the brand differentiate them.
    volleyb

Post by volleyb 11/3/2021, 10:48 am

plsshtup wrote:
    ouh isnt any type of fuel have the same function. just the brand differentiate them.
    the improvement the of the material that enhance the power mybe. it was my assumption as i use several brand and its felt different actually.
    plsshtup

Post by plsshtup 11/3/2021, 11:25 am

volleyb wrote:
    the improvement the of the material that enhance the power mybe. it was my assumption as i use several brand and its felt different actually.
    never noticed it before. how insensitive i am opps.
    volleyb

Post by volleyb 12/3/2021, 12:13 pm

plsshtup wrote:
    never noticed it before. how insensitive i am opps.
    mybe u always using the same one so it a bit difficult to realize it however its ur choice whatever the brand it is.
    plsshtup

Post by plsshtup 12/3/2021, 12:26 pm

volleyb wrote:
    mybe u always using the same one so it a bit difficult to realize it however its ur choice whatever the brand it is.
    omg that true. bcos petron is the closest petrol station from my house so that is the one i frequently fill up my car tank.
    exhosted
    exhosted

Post by exhosted 12/3/2021, 11:24 pm

volleyb wrote:
    idk much but i heard before actually the choice of engine oil also can affect the absorption of fuel.

this is very true, maybe you can try using Shell FuelSave95. FuelSave95 gives Extra Kilometer. Besides that, FuelSave 95 is a fuel saving petrol. You will get extra mileage INSTANTLY from the first fill.
    rawlee22
    rawlee22

Post by rawlee22 12/3/2021, 11:39 pm

I have been using Shell FuelSave 95 for a very long time. I will definitely recommend you to start using it for your own vehicle. When you fill up FuelSave95 full tank, you will received xKM more; at the same time if you are travelling from A to B, you will still have available bars of fuel indicator left which means to say more mileage incurred. There is once I travelled from KL to Penang and yet there is still remainder of fuel left in the petrol tank. Just look at how fuel saving is Shell FuelSave 95!
    plsshtup

Post by plsshtup 13/3/2021, 10:09 am

rawlee22 wrote:I have been using Shell FuelSave 95 for a very long time. I will definitely recommend you to start using it for your own vehicle. When you fill up FuelSave95 full tank, you will received xKM more; at the same time if you are travelling from A to B, you will still have available bars of fuel indicator left which means to say more mileage incurred. There is once I travelled from KL to Penang and yet there is still remainder of fuel left in the petrol tank. Just look at how fuel saving is Shell FuelSave 95!
    that was a long journey. about 350++km. i stay in penang and sometimes i need to go kl for my work, it always require me to stop by petrol pump twice. thats mean shell that u mentioned withstand extra miles.
    volleyb

Post by volleyb 13/3/2021, 10:26 am

exhosted wrote:

this is very true, maybe you can try using Shell FuelSave95. FuelSave95 gives Extra Kilometer. Besides that, FuelSave 95 is a fuel saving petrol. You will get extra mileage INSTANTLY from the first fill.
    its true right. oouh are you using shell? i have been using it too but not frequently. will give a try and experience the fuel saving.
    exhosted
    exhosted

Post by exhosted 13/3/2021, 4:36 pm

volleyb wrote:
    its true right. oouh are you using shell? i have been using it too but not frequently. will give a try and experience the fuel saving.

yes, I have been using shell. its is not good to use different fuel brand for your car engine. it is better to stick to 1 brand at a time so that you will feel the difference of the particular fuel that you are using.
    rawlee22
    rawlee22

Post by rawlee22 13/3/2021, 4:42 pm

plsshtup wrote:
    that was a long journey. about 350++km. i stay in penang and sometimes i need to go kl for my work, it always require me to stop by petrol pump twice. thats mean shell that u mentioned withstand extra miles.

Yes, exactly. You have to try it to get the feeling. So that next time you don't have to refuel so often during a long journey. I understand it is very troublesome to stop and look for the nearest petrol station along the highway. As not all stretches of the highway have available petrol station to stop by.
    exhosted
    exhosted

Post by exhosted 14/3/2021, 10:02 pm

rawlee22 wrote:

Yes, exactly. You have to try it to get the feeling. So that next time you don't have to refuel so often during a long journey. I understand it is very troublesome to stop and look for the nearest petrol station along the highway. As not all stretches of the highway have available petrol station to stop by.

try travelling from the northern states to the southern states in peninsular Malaysia to feel the fuel efficiency...you will be surprise by the amount of fuel used up for that long journey
    rawlee22
    rawlee22

Post by rawlee22 14/3/2021, 10:09 pm

exhosted wrote:

try travelling from the northern states to the southern states in peninsular Malaysia to feel the fuel efficiency...you will be surprise by the amount of fuel used up for that long journey

yea, will do that once the interstate travel is lifted
    exhosted
    exhosted

Post by exhosted 16/3/2021, 4:45 pm

rawlee22 wrote:

yea, will do that once the interstate travel is lifted

ya o...forgotten that the interstate travel is still not lifted yet
    rawlee22
    rawlee22

Post by rawlee22 16/3/2021, 5:18 pm

exhosted wrote:

ya o...forgotten that the interstate travel is still not lifted yet

I heard that the interstate ban is until end of May. We still got a long way of staycation to go Very Happy
    exhosted
    exhosted

Post by exhosted 17/3/2021, 7:20 pm

rawlee22 wrote:

I heard that the interstate ban is until end of May. We still got a long way of staycation to go Very Happy

after today's PM announcement at 5.30pm, there is a positive outlook from it. Maybe we can travel without restrictions after this..
    rawlee22
    rawlee22

Post by rawlee22 17/3/2021, 7:21 pm

exhosted wrote:

after today's PM announcement at 5.30pm, there is a positive outlook from it. Maybe we can travel without restrictions after this..

yea, heard that the interstate travel will be open in stages

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/6/2021, 8:05 pm